Six Core Areas
The ultimate aim of the work undertaken by teaching schools is to have a positive and sustainable impact on the lives and opportunities of all children and young people by raising standards of teaching and improving learning outcomes.
St. Mary's Teaching School is one of only eight teaching schools within Leeds. Besides the work we do as an individual teaching school, St. Mary's works within an alliance - a group of schools and strategic partners that are supported by the leadership of a teaching school. Working together means a stronger team of professionals and a wider range of knowledge, skills and experience which can be deployed across the 'Big Six' strands of work undertaken by each teaching school.
Identifying and Developing Leadership Potential
We develop successful succession planning strategies to identify and develop people to fill leadership positions in the future.
To meet this responsibility, we:
- develop future Headteachers to help meet the most pressing national needs in primary, small rural, special, challenging urban/coastal and faith schools
- take action to help to more women and leaders from black and minority ethnic backgrounds become senior leaders
- put processes in place to identify potential leaders in areas of need
- develop potential leaders within and across our schools
- build strategic governance and partnerships in order to make decisions about developing and placing potential leaders
Further information regarding teaching schools can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/teaching-schools-a-guide-for-potential-applicants
Please feel free to contact us.