Six Core Areas
The ultimate aim of the work undertaken by teaching schools is to have a positive and sustainable impact on the lives and opportunities of all children and young people by raising standards of teaching and improving learning outcomes.
St. Mary's Teaching School is one of only eight teaching schools within Leeds. Besides the work we do as an individual teaching school, St. Mary's works within an alliance - a group of schools and strategic partners that are supported by the leadership of a teaching school. Working together means a stronger team of professionals and a wider range of knowledge, skills and experience which can be deployed across the 'Big Six' strands of work undertaken by each teaching school.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We offer a range of professional development opportunities for teachers and school support staff, not only within our alliance, but for any client school wishing to become involved and use our services.
Part of our remit as a teaching school is to:
- identify the best teachers and leaders from across the alliance to provide school-based professional development
- tailor development to meet the specific needs of schools
- offer coaching and mentoring
- evaluate the impact of professional development across the alliance
- offer opportunities for formal accreditation or school-based research
Further information regarding teaching schools can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/teaching-schools-a-guide-for-potential-applicants
Please feel free to contact us.