Six Core Areas
The ultimate aim of the work undertaken by teaching schools is to have a positive and sustainable impact on the lives and opportunities of all children and young people by raising standards of teaching and improving learning outcomes.
St. Mary's Teaching School is one of only eight teaching schools within Leeds. Besides the work we do as an individual teaching school, St. Mary's works within an alliance - a group of schools and strategic partners that are supported by the leadership of a teaching school. Working together means a stronger team of professionals and a wider range of knowledge, skills and experience which can be deployed across the 'Big Six' strands of work undertaken by each teaching school.
Research and Development
To meet this responsibility, we:
- build on existing research and contribute to alliance and wider priorities
- base new initiatives within our alliance on existing evidence and ensure we can measure them
- work with other teaching schools
- allow our staff the time and support they need to take part in research and development activities
- share learning from research and development work with the wider school system
Take a look at our R&D page for more information.
Further information regarding teaching schools can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/teaching-schools-a-guide-for-potential-applicants
Please feel free to contact us.