TSST (Teacher Subject Specialism Training) Physics
A FREE CPD course for improving Physics subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Qualified teachers (non-specialist) with an interest in teaching Physics
- Qualified Physics teachers wishing to return to the profession.
- Enhance subject knowledge of Physics at KS3/KS4
- Provide a range of techniques and resources to deliver engaging and enjoyable Physics lessons
- Provide a recognised certificate of competency for Physics teaching with HE recognition and Masters Credits
WHERE AND WHEN?
- St John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy, Dewsbury (WF13 4LL
- 10 Face to face twilight sessions taking place between November 2017 and May 2018
- Each unit includes interactive pages, advice and tests to monitor your progress through the course
- There are tutors available to support participants with any queries outside of the face to face sessions.
FACE TO FACE SESSIONS
Each session will consist of:
- 2 hour tuition on interactive Physics teaching including resource sharing
- Optional 30 mins seminar to complete online material and ask questions
- ‘Flip learning’ gap task based on Online units
- Participants who pass the course will receive a ‘certificate of Physics mastery’. It is useful to note that NCTL are now recognising TSST as a ‘brand’ across the country.
- Participants can go on to gain 60 Masters credits from Leeds Trinity University on completion of the course and a short assignment.
For more information, and to be placed on the mailing list, please contact Mrs Jackie Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01943 883000